- czwartek 29 listopad 2012
Education in Bedzin is financed from the commune budget as according to the Polish law it belongs to commune's own activity.
children from 6 weeks to 3 years of age attend Lower Preschool,
children from 3 to 6 years of age attend Nursery School,
children from 6 or 7 to 12 years of age attend Primary School,
children from 13 to 15 years of age attend Grammar School (called also Gymnasium or Junior High School),
children from 16 to 18 years of age attend Secondary School (or High School) and Vocational School,
children above 18 years of age attend University or College.
In Bedzin there are:
2 Lower Preschools,
13 Nursery Schools,
6 Primary Schools,
2 Grammar Schools,
4 Town School Complexes consisting of a Primary School and Grammar School.
Schools mentioned above are coordinated by the town. In Bedzin, there are also 3 Secondary Schools and 2 Vocational Schools but according to Polish regulations they are coordinated by local government on higher level that is by Bedzin County Authorities.
The academic year begins on September 1 and ends in the last week of June. In December there is a Christmas break which ends on January 1. Children have also winter holidays break in January or February which takes two weeks. Each province has different term of winter holidays break and it changes every year. The Ministry of Education decides about dates of this break in a given province.
Apart from making use of the town budget, the Department of Education of the Town Hall in Bedzin run by Mr Roman Goczoł, Head of Department, gain money from the European Union funds. And thus:
in September 2011 the Town of Bedzin started realization of 2nd stage of the project entitled “Win your future” within Human Capital Operational Program co-financed from the European Social Fund. Main aims of the project are supporting talented children in development of their interest and help in choosing a proper vocational development. Project target group are pupils of 6 Bedzin Grammar Schools run by the Town of Bedzin. There are created School Career Centres within the project. Children recruited to SCSs participate in educational and vocational workshops thanks to which they learn present day situation at the labour market, employees' demand for a given qualifications, deficit, surplus and future professions. Beneficiaries of SCSs will be examined as far as their personal predispositions and vocational preferences are concerned. Results will be presented to each pupil individually during advisory talks run by vocational advisers. Diagnosis prepared will be helpful in planning educational and vocational development. School Career Centres will also make possible organization of 3 4-hour meetings with employers chosen by pupils in a survey.
the Town of Bedzin started realization of the project entitled “Bedzin school of equal chances” within Human Capital Operational Program co-financed from the European Social Fund.
Main aims of the project realized in academic years 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 are making educational chances equal by individualization of teaching of 7-, 8- and 9-year-old pupils in Primary Schools run by the town of Bedzin, increase of teaching effectiveness and support and help given.
1. Providing pupils with educational offer consistent with individual needs aiming at skills development.
2. Reduction of deficits in speech and posture.
3. Reduction of deficits in maths, writing and reading skills.
4. Providing sociotherapeutical help.
5. Increasing degree and range of using activating method of teaching at schools.
The project is directed to 7-, 8- and 9-year-old pupils of 10 Primary Schools whose needs were recognized as far as specific difficulties in learning, health conditions, interests and skills are concerned. Within two years school support will be given to 813 pupils, including 406 girls and the following activities will be held:
1. activities for children having specific problems with reading and writing, including ones endangered by dyslexia threat,
2. activities for children having specific problems with acquiring mathematics skills,
3. speech activities for children having speech-language pathology,
4. correcting gym for children with defects in their posture,
5. activities developing interests in maths and nature,
6. activities developing artistic interests (theater, art, music, dance),
7. sociotherapeutical and psychoeducational activities for children having social communication disorders,
8. therapeutical activities – music therapy,
9.activities developing interests in reading.
It is worth mentioning that Nursery, Primary and Grammar Schools in Bedzin actively participate in Comenius projects from Lifelong Learning Program and are open for new foreign partners.